The frequent blackout in Nigeria has lead to the death of a woman and her four kids after they decided to rely on candles due to days of power outages. 

The fire on Wednesday night burnt the woman and four of her children to death in Ilorin, Kwara State. Her fifth child however survived the inferno at Ifesowapo community, Tanke, Ilorin.

The fire was allegedly caused by a candlelight that resulted in flames when they were deep asleep. Hitherto, the neighborhoods of Tanke, Fate, and Oke-Odo areas in the metropolis had been thrown in total darkness for over a week occasioned by rainstorms that damaged electric poles in the areas.

It was gathered that the father of the house was not indoors when the incident happened. The only surviving child is said to be receiving medical attention at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH).

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here